Monday, December 28, 2009

Denim Tuxedo

A friend and I were just discussing the new (ok, revived) trend of denim shirts. She was a little skeptical while I was a little excited! This is not the grungy, worn with a plaid flannel skirt and Doc Martens look we saw in the 90s or the rock 'n roll look we saw on and off stage in the 80s. This is, a more pulled-together and dare-I-say, feminine look when worn with something fitted or sparkly. From Preppy to Trendy, this shirt can work for pretty much everyone. The one thing to avoid, wearing head-to-toe denim. No one likes a denim tuxedo. NO ONE.

Here is some runway inspiration from Alexander Wang, Chloe and D&G

style.com

Ashley Olsen, Style.com; Rag and Bone

(Garance!); The Sartorialist

If you're looking for something a little more subdued, try a chambray shirt. It is a more relaxed fabric and doesn't have as much detailing.



I am having one of those I wish it were warm days so this look isn't exactly appropriate being that it is 20 degrees here


Banana Republic Shirt, Calvin Klein High Waist Pants (Outnet.com), Anthropologie Belt, YSL Tribute Sandals (Neiman Marcus), Ray-Ban Aviators (Sunglass Hut)

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I am so mad I gave my one denim shirt to the salvation army. Now I need to go find another!!

    ReplyDelete