Tuesday, September 15, 2009

NY Fashion Week Spring 2010: Part Deux

Every fashion week has a color story to tell and for spring that story is usually blue but this year, we are seeing neutrals like tan, grey, lilac and light pink accented with brights. While some designers brightened their looks with neon yellow, there seemed to be a more common story in shades of pink and orange. The strawberries and tangerines are not only fun but universally flattering. Retailers will definitely be incorporating this color scheme into their collection next year. I know I can't wait!





Behnaz Sarafpour, Chris Benz, Devi Kroell, Jenni Kayne, Costello Tagliapietra and Brian Reyes




Neutrals at Lutz & Patmos, Rachel Comey, Julian Louie, Costello Tagliapietra. I have to say that I DIE for a neutral palette. I have yet to understand why since they should be boring and I look deathly in them. J.Crew is offering up this tasty spectrum right now and as much as I try to resist, I just cannot. Note to self: wear black, white or brown as a base (as a winter, these are colors I should be wearing)



Thakoon, Rebecca Taylor


Preen and Lela Rose


BCBG and Sophie Theallet


Rebecca Taylor, Vena Cava


Carolina Herrera

No comments:

Post a Comment